Fender Player Mustang - Sienna Sunburst - New
The Fender Player Series Mustang reintroduces one of the most popular offset-body guitars in the world, now with some Player Series updates that are sure to be a hit with modern players. The Mustang's 24" scale length keeps string tension slinky and is ideal for performers with a smaller reach. Its duet of covered single-coils sounds positively spanky run clean and devastating through your favorite fuzz pedal. A great-playing Player Series "C" neck with 9.5"-radius fingerboard keeps chording comfortable amid marathon sessions, and a hardtail bridge makes intonation a total non-event. A design choice we particularly enjoy in the Player Series Mustang is the streamlined control set — Volume, Tone, and 3-way — which makes it fast and easy to divine those rock and surf tones you're searching for.
Iconic offset construction
The Fender Mustang is one of the most identifiable and sought-after offset electric guitar body styles in the world. Its compact dimensions not only imbue it with plenty of character, but it remains lightweight and extremely comfortable for smaller players. This Player Series Mustang carries with it the standard Mustang 24" scale length that maintains lower string tension for easy chording and a warm and sultry tone. One look at the Mustang, and you'll know this solidbody electric guitar was built for today's boundary-pushing guitarists.
Two Fender angled single-coil pickups
The soul of any great Mustang is its angled single-coil pickups, and the Player Series Mustang proves to be no exception. These new designs maintain the clear and organic tones of traditional Mustang single-coils, while offering a full, strat-like tonality that further expands the Mustang's versatile voice. A 3-way toggle selects between the tubular-sounding neck pickup and aggressive bridge unit. And the Mustang's 2-knob control layout makes dialing in your tones a simple affair.
Neck designed for the modern player
Another aspect of the Mustang that has been updated for the demands of today's guitarists is its neck. While the Players Series Mustang does indeed boast a vintage-correct 24" scale length, its fingerboard is designed with a 9.5" radius. Fender has been using this radius for a long time because it offers comfortable chording and unimpeded single-note playing and bending. The neck profile is a "C" shape that fills your hand in a very satisfying manner. And 22 medium-jumbo frets are a wonderful middle ground for all sorts of styles.
Fender Player Series Mustang Electric Guitar Features:
- Offset design packs major rock 'n' roll vibes
- 24" scale length is great for smaller reaches
- Hardtail bridge maintains tuning stability
- 2 angled single-coil pickups blend Mustang and Strat tonalities
- Straightforward electronics package: Volume, Tone, 3-way
- Comfortable 9.5" fingerboard radius
- Number of Strings 6
- Left-/Right-handed Right-handed
- Body Type Solidbody
- Body Shape Player Mustang
- Body Material Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Color Sienna Sunburst
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Shape C
- Neck Joint Bolt-on
- Radius 9.5"
- Fingerboard Material Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay Black Dots
- Number of Frets 22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length 24"
- Nut Width 1.650"
- Nut Material Synthetic Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece 6-Saddle Strings-through Body Strat Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Tuners Standard Die-cast Sealed
- Neck Pickup Mustang Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup Mustang Single-coil
- Controls 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings Fender NPS, .010-.046
- Case/Gig Bag Sold Separately
- Manufacturer Part Number:0144042547